If you are like many smart people today, say a stay at home mom, furloughed executive, part-time consultant, or burnt-out whatever, you might be looking for more. Do you want something different, something sane, something fulfilling, or something that actually pays you what you’re worth? If so, you might be interested in opening your own business. It’s easier than you think and it doesn’t always have to cost a ton of money.
You have heard your yoga pals and parents at soccer practice talking about their successful multi-level marketing businesses (think Rodan + Fields, Stella and Dot or Pampered Chef), but that’s not really your style and you really want to own your own business. What else is there? Well, one way to work from home, work flexible hours, have the support of other business experts, but still call your own shots is to buy a franchise.
The best way to start your own business or choose a franchise is to consider your passions, your goals, and your resources. Suppose you have a heart of gold, love caring for others, or you really miss the excitement of small children now that your kids are a little older now. There are definitely some great options out there for you where you can earn money doing something you love. It’s the best of all worlds.
Lots of the top franchises, home-based or not, are very costly to purchase, so let’s focus on those have an entry point cost of $40k or less (some even start at under $100!). Here are twelve franchise opportunities that may be right for you from both an interest and out-of-pocket standpoint.
If travel is what you love and you are always telling friends and families where the best resorts in the Maldives are, how to plan a peerless adventure to Disney, or which hotel group offers the best “points” for your stay, then maybe you should consider a franchise with one of these three travel agency groups:
- Travel Leaders is a worldwide company steeped in history, as the original business was founded in 1872. With more than 350 franchises in the U.S. alone, the company offers training, marketing and other support.
- While Results! Travel is a part of Travel Leaders, it may be just what you are looking for. If you already have your own agency and want to tap into additional resources, Results! Travel allows you to maintain your agency name.
- As a Cruise Planners franchise owner, you have your own home-based, full-service travel agency, with the resources and support of American Express Travel Services.
These three travel agency groups have franchises with startup costs beginning around $1,000 up to $27k.
Health-minded, caring entrepreneurs like you have many angles to consider, even at the lower franchises startup costs. There are franchises serving young and old clientele, and they can be very lucrative. Here are three to consider
- Lice Treatment Center franchise owners stand to profit from the billion dollar a year (for treatment, prevention and products) business since there are six to twelve million cases of head lice in the U.S. each year. Lice Treatment Center was co-founded by two entrepreneurial moms (one an award-winning pediatrician) who wanted to provide an all-natural solution to an ugly, but common problem. Not only will you be offering a much-needed service, but your customers will also love you!
- As an Amazing Athletes franchisee, you can use your love of fitness to provide educational sports programs, camps and parties to young children. A business making and keeping kids health-aware from an early age will make everyone smile.
- If you are one of the sandwich generation or a healthcare professional, utilize your experience via a Hallmark Homecare business. As a franchise owner, you will be providing caregiver searches, recruitment and placement to those who need it most.
Are you a stay at home parent or former teacher who can’t get enough of your own kids, but you’re looking for additional income and want to use your educational background? You have some terrific options! Consider one of these three franchises that offers education or child safety.
- Through Ident-A-Kid, a children’s safety products and services company, franchise owners work with private and public schools, providing parents with ID cards for their children (daycare through intermediate grades).
- Club Z In-Home Tutoring offers one-on-one tutoring for a variety of subject matters including preparation for SAT and ACT tests. In accordance with the No Child Left Behind Act, Club Z In-Home Tutoring also provides free tutoring in libraries, churches and other public venues.
- MindsAhead Academy is a leading after school program that offers both tutoring and enrichment programs. They serve people of all abilities and ages, from preschoolers to adults seeking more education. With the majority of franchises located outside the U.S., MindsAhead is actively seeking franchisees across most states.
Franchises to express your artistic flair are equally available to entrepreneurs. Check out these three opportunities:
- Bringing art alive for children and adults is easy through Abrakadoodle ‘s art-education programs for different age groups. Similar to the tutoring services, Abrakadoodle offers classes in schools and community centers, with a focus on art techniques, different styles, as well as art history and artists.
- If photography is your thing and making someone’s big day special, you might consider becoming an owner of a Complete Weddings and Events franchise. Providing brides and grooms-to-be with services ranging from photography, video, DJ and photo booths might just be what sends your entrepreneurial heart soaring.
- Remember the fun you had (still have?) with Legos? Then throw Lego parties, camps and engineering classes with your own Bricks 4 Kidz franchise. Only founded in 2008, this rapidly-growing business started by a mom in Florida and already has more than 600 franchises worldwide. Why not have fun and make money while you’re at it?
All twelve of the franchise businesses listed above provide a lower cost of entry to you and will allow you to pursue a passion, while feeding your entrepreneurial spirit. Now that your mind is spinning with all the potential you have to offer, from your own home no less, you should choose your passion and get started. You will thank yourself and others will, too!
Source by Hillary Ryland